Sunday, August 26, 2012

Fall Mantels

It's the end of August and I'm feeling a little anxious about fall.  I love the weather, the colors, and breaking out sweaters and boots, but I know that in a few short weeks I'll be longing for the lazy days of summer.  Something that always keeps me cheerful in autumn is a pretty fall mantel.  I'm gathering ideas and pieces to decorate the mantel, which in our house, is truly the center of our home.  Here are some inspirations for decorating a fall mantel.

I am usually not a symmetrical decorator, but this, I love.  The weathered blue frame also puts a fresh spin on fall colors.  I never thought of pairing the blue with greens and oranges, but this definitely works.

theletteredcottage.net



Here's another mantel that works with blue and orange.  Again, the symmetry makes it simple and clean.

starfishcottage.typepad.com



Burlap is definitely my favorite texture of the season.  I love how this burlap garland weaves in and out of the pieces on this mantel.  Smashing!

 unskinnyboppy.com

Speaking of texture, its is amazing how easily a ball of twine turns your every day goods into special treasures.  This acorn-filled mason jar adds a touch of whimsy to the mantel.

prettyhandygirl.com


I'm all about grouping and layers for fall.  Of course natural elements are key for fall decor, and these apples are so fun.

prettyhandygirl.com


Purple seems to pop up year after year in fall styles.  This mantel mixes elements like leaves, brass, glass, and wood to create color and texture.  I plan on using fresh cuttings from our yard this year.


prettyhandygirl.com



This silhouette pumpkin is so unexpected and charming!  Candle light is a perfect match for fall decor; I'm going to try mixing candle sizes and colors.

theletteredcottage.net


Here's another clean and simple mantel that incorporates fresh cuttings.

centsationsalgirl.com


These mini pumpkins mixed with seashells and starfish make for a great coastal mantel.  Here again we see the mixing of natural elements in an unexpected way.



Have you started preparing your mantel for fall?  From topiaries and vases to candleholders and mirrors, Honeysuckle Quality Consignment has a host of items to give your fall mantel charm. 


No comments:

Post a Comment